Thursday, September 4, 2008


I'm still working on my missive but co-author P5Actual has already put her's in...I'm sure you'll enjoy it....Go Sarah!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


YEEHAWWW! Can't curb my enthusiasm. Sarah Palin spoke tonight and it was a joy to hear and watch. She's a beautiful lady--not at all plain, except that she is plain-spoken. The warm-up speech from Rudy Guilani was a superb opener. If he'd made a speech of that quality during the primaries, I think he'd have gone farther into that season. Tonight, he was electrifying. Nicest thing, he was having such a good time. He loved that crowd, and they certainly loved him. So did I.

But it was Sarah's night. She's a new star on our horizon, and she shone brilliantly. I loved the way she tore into obama/biden. She cut obama off at the knees so deftly, I doubt he feels the cut even yet. But he will. Oh, lord yes, he'll feel it keenly in days to come. More important was the fact that Sarah gave her audience a clear portrait of where she came from, where she's been, where she wants to go and what she wants to accomplish. Most important, she let us see who she is. And what she is ain't bad.

A week ago, the country was asking "Who is Sarah Palin?" Tonight, we have a much better idea who she is, what she stands for. We got a better look at her family and her obvious pride in that family. She's had enough government experience to understand the pitfalls. She doesn't know the D.C. social scene yet. But she said in so many words, she isn't going to Washington to kiss butt. Seems her idea is more on the lines of kicking some butts.

Her remarks about McCain were eloquent. I cheered at a particular thing when she mentioned the other candidates promising to go to Washington and fight for us. Then she said, "There's only one man in this campaign who has fought for you." What a glowing tribute to Senator McCain.

Following the network coverage, a local TV crew covered a Republican gathering in Seattle. The women in the group were yelling and cheering. One of them said, "Sarah Palin is a Sherman tank in high heels." In the back of the room a man said softly, "I want to vote for PRESIDENT Palin."

I say let's give her four years as vice-president, then we can promote her to President.
========================================================================

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

P5Actual fan signing in:

My favorite writer tells it like it is. Thanks for the honest opinion and update on Sarah. Your written word is allowing me to get to know our future President Palin better. I'm so sick of the political scene already but I will read your latest word. Keeping me informed.

P5A fan!


GrandSon, Nathan